– 8 Ways to Use Tile When you Travel –
- You made your connecting flight—but did your luggage? Place a Tile in your checked suitcase and you can use the smartphone app to confirm that your luggage is within Bluetooth range—i.e. right beneath you in the cargo hold.
- And if your luggage doesn’t make the trip, Tile’s extensive user network can help you locate it in another city—or across the world. Mark your luggage as lost, and if another Tile user (there are millions, all over the world) passes within range of your bag, you’ll get a location alert. Don’t worry: it’s automatic and anonymous.
- Keep a Tile in your carry-on luggage. The app can tell you your bag’s last known location, so if you leave it behind at the airport newsstand, you can run back and retrieve it.
- No need to jostle for position at baggage claim. Sit comfortably and the Tile app will let you know when your bag is approaching the carousel.
- At your destination, pop a Tile into your handbag or wallet to help quell the panic of misplacing your essentials. Whether you left it in a coffee shop or dropped it in the street, Tile’s community network can help you zero in your lost item, sometimes in a matter of minutes.
- When traveling for business, put a Tile in your laptop briefcase or attach it to your laptop with double-sided adhesive, so you never lose track of your work essentials.
- Did you lose your phone in your hotel room? Double press the center “Tile” button or the “e” button on your tracking device and your phone will ring—even if it’s on silent.
- No more wandering a packed parking lot or unfamiliar city looking for your rental car. Leave a Tile in your glove box and the Last Place Seen feature will help guide you back to your vehicle.